The Future Leaders of Manitoba award recognizes three individuals who display strong leadership in their professional contributions and outstanding service in the community through volunteerism. They advocate for the health and success of Manitoba and the people who work and live in this province.
The candidate will display leadership in the following three areas.
Community Service (50 points)
- Make a concerted effort to give back to the community through volunteerism within their own industry or in other areas of interest.
- Inspires others around them and creates positive change in the community.
- Demonstrates success through teamwork and collaboration with others.
- Displays a spirit of giving back through their philanthropic endeavors.
Professional Contributions (30 points)
- Acknowledged as a passionate and strong leader in their workplace and industry.
- Provides significant contributions to the advancement of their field and recognized by their peers
- Exceeds the level of expectation for their experience and position.
- The recipient can represent business, government, non-profit, creative arts, self- employment or any other professional work.
Advocate for Manitoba and Manitobans (20 points)
- Advocates for the health and success of Manitoba as a place to work and live.
- Promotes better living standards and creates opportunities for the people of Manitoba.
- Advocate for healthier communities and human rights initiatives in our province.
To qualify for this award, nominees must:
- Be between the age of 20 and 39 as of December 31, 2017
- Reside in Manitoba for a minimum of four years as of December 31, 2017 or having returned to Manitoba prior to January 2017
In partnership with Summit Search Group, all nominations are reviewed and rated against the nomination criteria and weighting. The top nine nominations are recommended to a panel of judges consisting of community leaders. This panel interviews each finalist in person. Using the nominations criteria, the panel chooses three person to receive the awards.
Award recipients are chosen in consideration of equity and balanced representation of age and experience. Award recipients must be able to attend the awards ceremony and participate in pre/post-event media and promotion of the awards.
Deadline for submission: Thursday, November 30, 2017.
To begin a nomination, please complete the form below.
If you must pause your nomination for any reason, please scroll to the bottom of the page, where you can save your progress.